Saturday, April 1, 2017

Stick It Down April Challenge

Welcome to another month of Stick It Down sketch challenges. I really loved working with the minimalistic sketch this month and I really felt like it made a huge impact. Here is the sketch that we were given to work with. Isn't it fun and different?!?


I decided that this sketch would just be too perfect to highlight a major even in my son's life this spring. He is playing kid pitch baseball for the first time and is one of the youngest players on the team but has been chosen as part of the pitching rotation. He even won first place in his age group at a local pitching competition this spring!

This particular photo was his very first night pitching in a game and you could see that he was in heaven. He loves baseball and being anywhere on the field but his heart lives on the pitcher's mound.


As you can see, I stayed pretty true to the sketch and used some torn out notebook paper along with some stamping to create some interest around my photo. Puffy baseball stickers and a bold title were all it took to create a unique and impactful look. I can't wait to see what you create with this month's sketch. Make sure to check out the Stick It Down blog to see what everyone else comes up with and to share your take on this sketch with us as well. Happy Crafting!!

3 comments:

  1. I like how the elements follow the baseball glove

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the elements follow the baseball glove

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make such beautiful layouts.

    ReplyDelete