Monday, January 30, 2017

Use Your Stuff: Animal Challenge

Happy Monday!
  Welcome to another challenge from the Use Your Stuff challenge blog. This week, we have been challenged to create a layout with some sort of animal theme. Whether you choose to scrap animal pictures, use cute animal ephemera, or include some kind of animal print is up to you! I do have a process video for this layout as well so make sure to stop by my channel and check that out too!!

I chose to work with this adorable photo of my youngest son who surprised me in the store one day with this tiger hat and mitts. He came up behind me and yelled "RRAAAWWWWRRRR" and it was just the cutest darn thing you have ever seen!

The minute that I saw this challenge, I knew this photo and story would be perfect! The Crate Paper Cool Kid collection still remains one of my favorites for documenting the stories of my boys and I am running low on goodies from it as I have created so many layouts with it already.



For this layout, I included a black and white background from Dear Lizzy's Saturday collection and added some hand stitching to make it my own and add some extra dimension.  I then added a lot of different details from the sticker sheet, 6x6 patterned paper pad, and some puffy stickers. I also used up a few old Studio Calico chipboard stars that have been in my stash forever. Anytime I get to use old things from my stash, I consider it a win win!!





Here's the process video for this layout as well...


Please stop by and check out the process video where I show you how it all came together! I would love if you watch, like, comment, and subscribe so that I can keep bringing you lots of free content! Please also make sure to check out the Use Your Stuff blog to see what the rest of the design team created and to leave us a link to your own project for this challenge. Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment